Gunite Pools by Penguin Pools East Rand
Penguin Pools East Rand is an accredited NSPI member in the installation of Gunite and Marbleite swimming pools.
Penguin Gunite Pools
Gunite pools are chosen by many homeowners because of their flexibility. They can be built in any shape and a wide variety of special options can easily be added to compliment these pools, such as waterfalls, custom steps and beach entries.
Gunite is a mixture of sand and cement that is sprayed onto contoured and supported surfaces in order to create the pool. Gunite is mixed and pumped to the site dry, and water is added at the point of application. The resulting structure is sufficiently strong and durable to last a lifetime and refurbished to their former glory. A gunite pool installation generally takes up to 3 weeks to complete.
- Customized shape or size not offered in our fiberglass range.
- Variety of finishes to coordinate with the rest of the outdoor living area. Plaster finishes come in an array of shades to coordinate with your choice of pool surround.
- You are looking for a pool deeper than 1.8m. This would be because you've decided on a very springy diving board and you want to be able to do many tricks and unique dives off of said board.
- Gunite pools allow for the installation of automated pool covers.
- Plaster finish that is applied to concrete pools must be reapplied about every 10 to 12 years.
- Maintenance costs are greater with gunite pools. There is additional maintenance needed because the pools surface interacts with the water and can be a breeding grounds for algae and require the use of other chemicals to clean and stabilize the quality of the water.
- Concrete pools require maximum use of the pool’s filter because of metals and alkaloids that leech into the water through the plaster finish.
- The texture can be rough to the touch.
- NSPI - peace of mind
- Excavation by hand (Blasting and jack hammering excluded )
- Specified steel reinforcing (Ref 156 and Y10 steel bars)
- Gunite Construction
- Hi-Rate sand filter
- Pump & Motor 0,75kW in housing
- Ceramic mosaic on water line 150mm
- Marbelite finish - white
- Colonial Stone Copings
- Underwater light
- Electrical connection
- cleaning kit and startup chemicals.